Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Brown Bag #1

Ok So I wrote a Brown Bag letter... but it was too long so I had to edit out a lot of the really funny stuff... so I'll post it on here and you are free to view at your leisure. :)

Oh for those who don't know. Brown Bag letters are letters that AIMers on the field can write to the AIM students in their classtime in Lubbock... then they read them during lunch and pray for us... So here's mine.

Dearest Darlingest Newbie AIMers
HOWDY! So my name is Sarah Beth Hall. Yes. My name is actually Sarah Beth… No, my parents aren’t rednecks… oh wait… they are. Shucks. Anywho. I am currently serving our Lord in Salt Lake City, Utah. The COOLEST state side field EVER. First off, I feel weird writing a brown bag. I can’t believe I’ve been in AIM for a year. Secondly, I feel sorry for Kris and Pat because they have to read this ridiculousness. And C, I’m really excited that you’re in Lubbock!

So I remember Kris and Pat reading our first brown bag letters to us… Let me assure that this overwhelmed, excited, heart –in-throat, vomity feeling you have is TOTALLY normal. I’m going to use this brown bag letter to give you some advice and encouragement… I’ll use other brown bags to tell you how God is using us here in SLC… let me assure you… He is! Since lists seem to be the popular thing amongst first brown bags… I’ll continue the trend. Mostly because I have a ridiculous need for organization. My team TOTALLY thinks I have ADHD. But I don’t think I have Attention Deficit Hyp- do you want a waffle?

What was I saying? Oh, right. Advice. Ok. Here goes. Here is a list of some things
you’ll need to know about your class time.

1. Ed Wharton is NOT scary…. If you do your homework and pay attention, you’ll be fine
2. Lily IS scary. Ok not really. She’s amazing. Appreciate her… and tell her you appreciate her
3. STAY ON TOP OF YOUR HOMEWORK. Take it from someone who fell behind first term. It’s easy to fall behind…and really hard to catch up.
4. Ok Boys. Take a look at the girls real quick….. ok that’s enough… now girls.. take a look at the boys… ok that’s enough.. Now…. STOP IT! I know that nothing is more attractive than a Godly young man or woman… but you’re not there to find a significant other. You’re there to learn. Sound harsh? Kinda. That’s because I’m serious. There is plenty of time for all that junk later. Just don’t worry about it now. Be smart. Don’t date.
5. Kris and Pat are two amazing men of God. Listen to what they say and know that if any criticism is being given… it’s to help you grow. They don’t know you all personally yet but I promise they love you like Jesus does.
6. Keep your apartment clean. Myself and my roommates kept our apartment clean the WHOLE time we were in Lubbock. All it takes is a little work each day… and you can do it. It’s important. You’re a big kid now.
7. Don’t eat out everyday *cough* Jacob *cough* Try to cook your own food… you’ll appreciate it later, I promise. Also, you know what’s going INTO your food… so it’s probably healthier. We’re not talkin’ TV dinners here, folks.
8. Stay in the Word. You’re going to be around people ALL-THE-TIME. It’s going to get exhausting. Spend time with the Father and spiritually nurture yourself so you can function well and be healthy. I burned out at the end of my Lubbock time and it hit me HARD… it was hard to recover from it… but I did and I learned the hard way… learn from my mistake.
9. I shouldn’t write anymore… this is too long… the last one… live in the moment! It goes by WAY too fast.

Ok Shout Outs: (they’ll be quick I promise… maybe)

Amanda Holler!-Hi punkin! I miss you! I’m so proud of you. Me and your sister are takin care of each other. Love you!

Jacob Norwood- Our love is real. Believe it. Take care of the Dulcimer for me. I miss you a bunch. We must skype when you get a chance. Thanks for being one of my best friends ever!

Matraca- Oh my goodness. I love talkin to you. You’re like much needed sunshine. Oh hey- can you give Jacob his present? Thanks! LOVE YOU!

Josie-Happy birthday! Glad I got to talk to you! Will you please give the certain article to the certain person we discussed? Thanks!

Kris- I miss you. For real. A bunch. I’m being tough!!!

Pat- te extrano mucho. Espero que estas bien. I love you, man!

Barb- Thanks for everything you do. I love you with everything I’ve got!

Lilyface!- I miss our awkward moments… and how I could talk to you about anything. I haven’t killed any fish lately.

To anyone else I left out- I’m sorry but this is already too long and I want them to read it! Write on this brown bag response sheet and I’ll write you back! I promise. You can add me on facebook. Or email me! SarahBethHall@gmail.com. I’m praying for yall and am SO proud of you. I can’t wait to see what God has planned for yall.

Walking in His Light
Sarah Beth Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment