Monday, December 20, 2010

Goin' to the chapel and we're gonna get married!

Well, we're not. I'm not.. it's just.. never mind.

Today's challenge is to write about your dream wedding.

Now, my dear readers. Not many of you know this but I was engaged a few years ago. I was 21 and had been in a relationship for 3 1/2 years. We were engaged for about 6 months and then we broke up. It just wasn't the right timing. I'm thankful for the learning experience and how I grew in that process.

I pretty much had my wedding planned. Colors: Champagne, black and red. My maid of honor is seester (duh). Yes. MAID of honor. She WILL NOT get married before me! :) Bridesmaids are soulmate, Kelsey (friend of 14 years), and Rachel Rupel (soon to be Rachel Castleberg). I wear a dress made by my mom and carry a gorgeous bouquet of calla lilies and blood red roses. Tied with a black ribbon. My bridesmaids wear black party dresses that are classy and don't look too much like bridesmaids dresses (so they can wear them again) Tied with a red sash around the waist.

My brother is the minister. My groom has yet to be determined and my whole family is there. The setting is a rose garden. I'm barefoot. :) I'm getting married in the church building at the Southside church of Christ. After the wedding to the man of my dreams, we party! I want a big reception with all my friends and family! I plan to sing to my husband at our wedding. There WILL be dancing! :)

All this is just a dream. Minus the part about my brother being the minister. That's tradition. :) I don't care much WHERE I get married. All that matters is that my husband loves God, loves me and has a desire to do ministry with me. So there ya go... perfect wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment